No contact between Brighton and Celtic over Dembele - Hughton

Brighton boss Chris Hughton says there has been no contact between Brighton and Celtic over striker Moussa Dembele.

Tuesday, 26th December 2017, 5:43 pm
Updated Friday, 8th June 2018, 6:42 am
Moussa Dembele.

Reports in the media yesterday suggested the clubs were in talks and one report even said a fee had been agreed.

However, speaking after Albion's 2-0 defeat at Chelsea this afternoon, Hughton said: "I've heard the reports and as manager of this football club I'm quite sure I would know - there's been no contact between the two clubs.

"That's classed in the area of speculation. Names will come thick and fast but, at the moment, they're all speculation."