Crawley Town 7, Lancing 0: Quartet score first goals for Reds as they progress in Senior Cup

Brian Galach, Gyliano van Velzen, Paolo Okoye and Denzeil Boadu scored their first goals for the club as Crawley Town beat Lancing 7-0 in the Sussex Senior Cup.

Tuesday, 3rd December 2019, 8:20 pm
Updated Tuesday, 3rd December 2019, 9:27 pm
Josh Doherty nearly scored on the stroke of half time

Interim head coach Edu Rubio picked a strong squad with seven of the team in the squad for their FA Cup defeat to Fleetwood on Sunday.

Lancing goal machine Lewis Finney was on the bench.

It was a quiet start and the first real opportunity fell to Crawley on nine minutes when Brian Galach set up Tarryn Allarakhia but keeper Matt Evans pulled off a superb save. He tipped it onto the bar before gathering the rebound. Top drawer.

Clear chances were few and far between in the first 15 minutes but Lancing a chance to take the lead when they were awarded a free kick 20 yards out. Alex Fair struck it well but gave Michael Luyambula no troubles.

Straight up the other end and Evans impressed again with a low save from a stinging Galach drive. Crawley attacks were frequent but the Lancers were getting bodies behind the ball. Allarakhia again threatened the Lancing goal on 23 minutes but this time Omar Bukleb's head got in the way.

Gyliano van Velzen was the next to have a go but no Lancing player needed to get in the way this time with the shot going high and wide. Josh Coupar then had to clear off the line from Mason Bloomfield before the Reds finally took the lead on 33 minutes.

Galach scored his first goal for the club with composed finish after being set up by Bloomfield as Reds counter-attacked. Minutes later he could have had a second he didn't get full contact on effort from Boadu's cross.

Josh Doherty nearly doubled the lead on the stroke of half-time with a clever effort but Evans saved again.

It only took four minutes of the second half for Crawley to get their second and it was Galach again with another assured finish.

Galach turned provider for the Reds fourth, laying off to van Velzen, who slotted home past Evans from 12 yards.

Matt Berridge and Dave Sharman were introduced for Lancing, but it was still the Reds who were on top and sub Okoye, who replaced van Velzen scored with a lovely finish in the right hand corner of Evans' goal.

Mitch Hewens had the ball in the back of the Reds' next with a superb finish - but unfortunately the substitute was offside.

It was then Boadu's turn to notch-up his first goal, another assured finish from inside the box. Bloomfield had a quiet game but he did get the ball in the back of the net, but was ruled offside. But on 86 minutes, the striker did score with another superb finish giving Evans no chance.

Okoye then got his second, rifling the ball into the roof of the net in the 87th minute.

A routine win for the Reds.

CRAWLEY TOWN: Michael Luyambula, Josh Doherty, Joe McNerney, Gyliano van Velzen (Okoye 65), Nathan Ferguson, Ashley Nathaniel-George, Mason Bloomfield, Tarryn Allarakhia, Jamie Sendles-White, Brian Galach, Denziel Boadu. Subs. Alfie Jones, Paolo Okoye, Panutche Camara.

LANCING: Matt Evans, Conrad Honore, Mo Juwara, Mike Williamson, Omar Bukleb, Josh Coupar, Alex Fair (Hewens 45), Kane Louis, James Rhodes (Sharman 70), Tom Caplin (Berridge 67), Kyle Wooven. Subs: Mitch Hewens, Lewis Finney, George Mitchell, Dave Sharman, Matt Berridge.