We are having to endure austerity because we disconnected from our traditional past which is to trade and prosper.
To do this we need merchants, for they are the machinery of prosperity.
Merchants keep goods and currency circulating.
Our traditional past, the British way of doing business, is evident in the emerging economies of Asia.
To be prosperous means that even the poorest of the poor has more than enough money to live on.
To be prosperous requires patience, perseverance and graft which is not so evident now as it was in the 1800’s.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.