I’m not sure who is responsible for this pavement repair in Steyning High Street, just outside the former Steyning Tandoori restaurant, but I’m not convinced that replacing the paving setts with Tarmac is making good.
I feel pressed to ask how difficult would it have been to replace them?
There is a clue, as it surrounds a water meter cover, but this could be coincidence!
I don’t think it is a very attractive addition to what is, after all, a conservation area.
Also, I anticipate that it will possibly look more unsightly once the Tarmac has melted and sunk.
Let’s hope it is temporary.
Can any other Herald readers shed any light on it?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.