On Saturday, June 6, I went to UKIP’s spring conference at Eastbourne, thanks largely to a colleague of mine.
The conference was a sell out, and then the lunch time interval came. After I had my lunch, I decided to have a look around the conference area.
In one room there were plenty of goods on display, some for selling and some for giving away free of charge – such as booklets.
There were some newspapers there, unfortunately only from Surrey, titled ‘UKIP Surrey Bulletin’.
A very short piece in the bottom right hand corner of page five caught my eye.
It was titled ‘More EU powers’ and consisted of no more than 29 words and figures.
Those words and figures were: “In November 2014 the UK handed over sovereignty to the EU in another 44 policy areas. The British people were not given a vote on this massive power transfer.”
This just goes to show what the politicians from the Lib Dems, Labour and Conservatives are like.
It doesn’t seem to occur to them that they are supposed to be working for us, the voters, and not for themselves.
It seems that the only time that they want us, the British public, is at election time, when they want us to vote for them.
Any other time they want to treat us with contempt as if we do not matter to them one little bit.
Is it any wonder why more and more people are going over to UKIP?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.