Though a cyclist myself, I could not agree more with Nick Best (Herald letters, June 25) in his call for more regulation of cyclists.
Only this week I was nearly mown down twice, once as I waited on the pavement for a bus at the bus shelter at Coronation Green, and again as I used the traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing in the same location.
Remonstrating simply results in a torrent of abuse.
Licensing and insurance are steps in the right direction and perhaps even a proficiency test before being allowed on the road (and not the footpath).
Our schoolchildren take them, but somewhere along the line the rules seem to be forgotten.
Yes, Mr Best, perhaps we should lobby our MPs and, perhaps, while we are about it, consider doing the same for caravans and dog owners!
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.