I was sad to read Barry Mishon’s letter criticising the S.O.L.D. charity shop in Shoreham High Street (Shoreham Herald, Thursday, June 18).
Both the shop window displays, and goods for sale inside, are always arranged in an interesting and quirky way.
The charity aims to sell or up-cycle all donated goods rather than let things go to landfill, while at the same time providing valuable work experience to local young people with learning difficulties.
Shops like this provide a welcome breath of fresh air to our sometimes bland and boring high streets and it’s a shame he didn’t pop in to have a chat with the owners with his American visitors to see, first hand, the great work they do.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.