I would be very grateful for any information or recollections about the Miniken family, who lived at Springfield Lodge, Teville Road, Worthing, from about 1885 until the 1920s.
They were unmarried sisters Clara (who died in 1919) and Bertha (who died in 1928).
They also had their father John living with them until his death in 1893.
I would love to know more about them.
Bertha had been engaged but unfortunately her fiancé died – I have been told that she donated some engraved silver in his memory to a Worthing church – but I don’t know which one.
She was also an authoress who wrote at least four novels published around 1900.
I don’t know where the sisters are buried, but presumably in Worthing somewhere.
I do realise that few Herald readers would be old enough to remember meeting the Minikens, but live in hope that there may still be some information about them in Worthing.
Many thanks for any help.
Ms S Vincent
Ayot St Peter
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.