I would like to extend heartfelt sympathy to all those affected by the recent calamitous air crash at the Shoreham Airshow.
In the wake of this tragedy, I wonder if it may be time for us to reflect on whether we really want our air shows to feature war planes so highly – after all, they have been designed to create death and destruction.
There are lots of other exciting and interesting aircraft, many of which previous shows have featured – such as wing-walking displays, early commercial planes, and the wonderful French pilot who flies in formation with geese or cranes.
Is this something for the organisers – and for us as Shoreham residents – to think about?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.