VIDEO: Fire at Shoreham Airshow – pictures

A 30-metre cordon was put in place at the Shoreham Airshow after a fire started inside a chip pan in a burger van.

Fire crews from Shoreham and Lancing were called to Shoreham Airport but Thruxton Fire and Rescue Service, who were already at the airfield as part of the show, had extinguished the blaze first.

Shoreham firefighters stayed at the show until the chip pan oil had cooled down.

The blaze happened at 3.40pm on Saturday, August 22.

Click on the panel to see video of the fire and see larger versions of the photographs by clicking on the view gallery link.

-------------------------------------

Click here to go back to Shoreham news.

Where are you? Add your pin to the Herald's international readers' map by clicking here.

Email the Herald: letters@shorehamherald.co.uk

Want to read this page in French, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu or 48 other languages? click here for Google translate.