Summer activities for children with disabilities
Music, swimming and bubbles are a few of the activities still on offer this summer for parents in West Sussex looking for inspiration.
A long list of events and short breaks is currently available via Local Offer, a website packed full of information to help families whose children have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Feedback from parents and carers shows that they often find it challenging to plan for the whole of the summer holiday so the online calendar offers inspiration and ideas.
Every activity listed is suitable for children and young people with SEND and many cater for the whole family.
The calendar is compiled by a range of providers across West Sussex and is continually updated as new activities are launched.
One of the activities on offer is ‘Extratime’ in East Grinstead and Southwick – an inclusive holiday scheme with play and leisure activities.
Working with West Sussex County Council, ‘Extratime’ provides an environment where everyone is welcome and children of all abilities are able to mix socially and develop through play and leisure activities.
Other activities include:
- Autism Sussex Summer Holiday Activities at various locations
- Bubbles and Skylarks - Play & Learn Plus Together in East Preston
- Fishing Taster Sessions at Haywards Heath and Pulborough
- Flamingoes Swimming Club at K2 in Crawley
- Impulse Leisureat Lancing and Southwick
- Lego Club - Springboard in Horsham
- Lodge Hill in Pulborough
- Oak Grove College: Holiday Activities in Worthing
- Pinocchio & his P.A.L.s Tour in Chichester
- Sensory Room: Durrington Children & Family Centre in Durrington
- Story Magic sessions at various locations
- YMCA Summer Holiday Club in Crawley
- Time Aside Sensory Art in Crawley and Bognor Regis
Please note that some of the above subject to certain requirements including age limits and disability living allowance.
For more information visit www.local-offer.org
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.