Shoreham dry cleaners destroyed in fire

Fire
Fire

A three storey building with a dry cleaning shop in Shoreham’s High Street has suffered major damage after towels caught fire in a tumble dryer on Saturday (October 17).

The lower floor suffered 40 per cent damage by fire and 100 per cent damage by smoke, and the ground floor has 30 per cent damage by smoke.

Fire and Rescue crews from Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing used six breathing apparatus and five hose reels. A thermal imaging camera and PPV fan were also used.

The incident is being treated as accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald

3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Shoreham Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.