Pictures: Worthing's BHS now closed
Worthing's BHS store shut its doors for the final time at the weekend.
The Montague Street store was reportedly among more than 30 of the troubled chain’s outlets to shut at the end of July, following the closure of 20 others earlier in the month.
The store is now all-but empty, with notices on the doors advising customers the nearest open store is in Churchill Square, Brighton, and bearing the simple message: “This store is now closed. The management and staff thank you for your custom.”
Last month, shop union Usdaw claimed the closures would affect more than 700 staff. Usdaw national officer Dave Gill said: “This is terrible news for the staff in the 32 stores affected. Our hope is that other retailers, including Sir Phillip Green’s Arcadia group, will offer employment to these experienced, dedicated and loyal staff who suddenly find themselves unemployed.”
• What are your memories of BHS? Did you work there? And what would you like to see open at the site? Comment below or email your views to [email protected]
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.