PICTURES: Fire crews prevent garage explosion
Fire crews prevented a propane cylinder from exploding in a blaze that destroyed a garage in Worthing.
According to a fire service spokesperson, crews were called out at just after 2.30pm today to a block of five domestic garages in Mill Lane, High Salvington.
Two fire engines were dispatched and the blaze was extinguished using hose reels and two breathing apparatus.
One garage was completely destroyed and the others were affected by the heat and smoke.
Firefighters removed a propane cylinder from the destroyed garage and cooled it at the site, removing the risk of it exploding.
The spokesperson said the cause of the fire was accidental ignition.
The crew left the scene at 4.30pm.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.