Two cars were damaged following a dramatic chase on the A27 last night – one of them a police car.
Police confirmed last night that a pursuit began yesterday evening, with a vehicle failing to stop near Lyons Farm, Worthing.
They added that ‘tactical contact’ was used to box in the car and bring it to a stop on the eastbound A27 between Church Lane and Halewick Lane, Sompting. Police said one driver had been taken into custody and no injuries were reported. But as these pictures from photographer Eddie Mitchell show, a silver Honda saloon and a police car did not escape unscathed.
Drivers faced delays on the A27 in last night’s rush hour, with police having to close a lane of the eastbound carriageway in order for the vehicles to be recovered, while the knock-on effect also led to delays for drivers on the A259.
• Did you see the incident? Let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.