Rail passengers are being advised that services may be delayed, altered or cancelled today (Monday December 11) due to a variety of ongoing incidents.
Disruption to Gatwick Express, Southern and Thameslink services is expected until 4pm.
The various issues include:
- A broken down train outside London Bridge.
- A passenger taken ill on a train at Clapham Junction.
- Wet and snowy weather - this means for safety reasons, drivers need to travel at reduced speeds.
- A shortage of available train crew.
- A signal fault at Swanwick on the South West coast.
- Various train faults.
Southern say that on busy routes, where trains need to run to a very tight schedule, problems like these can cause knock-on delays on both the main route where the problem has arisen and on the routes that connect to it that can continue for hours afterwards.