TECHNOLOGY: The sweetest thing
Kids love sugar, they always have and always will. With hidden sugar in many of the products available nowadays, keeping check of their sugar intake can prove to be a difficult task.
Luckily technology is here to provide you with an easy way to monitor the quantity of the sweet stuff easily and efficiently.
• Sugar Smart: This easy app is designed to quickly show you how much sugar is in an item. It works by scanning the bar code of the product in question and shows you the results in a tangible way, displaying how many 4g sugar cubes the sugar content translates into. For example, 330ml of Coca Cola has the equivalent of nine cubes of sugar in it.
• MyFitnessPal: A fantastic app for overall health awareness. By inputting your daily food and drink consumption and activity, this clever app monitors all the vital components for a healthy diet. Including sugar, vitamins A and C, fat, protein, carbohydrate, fibre, salt, iron, calcium and potassium. The app also logs how many calories you consume in a day, which is really helpful if you are trying to lose or gain a few pounds.
• If you have a question for JSPC, email it to [email protected], and if you require further advice, support, or a computer repair, call JSPC Computer Services on 01903 767122, visit www.jspc.co.uk, or visit them at 2 Seadown Parade, Bowness Avenue, Sompting.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.