Man treated after Shoreham flat fire

Standing Images for web. East Sussex Ambulance.
Standing Images for web. East Sussex Ambulance.

AN Asthmatic man had to be treated after a fire broke out in a flat in Shoreham.

Smoke was issuing from a ground floor flat in Kingsland Close on Wednesday, October 28, after a bin caught fire in the kitchen.

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service was called at around 2pm and treated the man for smoke inhalation.

He was given oxygen as a precaution and medically checked over by ambulance paramedics at the scene.

Crews from Shoreham and Hove attended and a spokesperson for the fire service confirmed the blaze had been started accidentally.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Shoreham Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.