Firework sets phone kiosk on fire in Southwick

Fire
Fire

A telephone kiosk was set alight when a firework was set off shortly after midnight.

Firefighters were called to the kiosk in Windmill Lane, Southwick, at 12.19am today.

A hose reel was used to put out the fire and firefighters left the scene at 12.34am.

The fire service has issued a warning following the incident.

A statement reads: ‘Never play with fireworks. They are explosives and can hurt you. Remember, you have to be 18 years old before you are allowed to buy fireworks in the shops.

‘On Bonfire Night, why not attend an organised bonfire and firework display instead of hosting your own. The fireworks set off will be more spectacular than ones you can use in your garden and they are much safer.’

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald

3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Shoreham Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.