Burning incense starts fire in Worthing flat

The fire at a ground floor flat in Worthing was caused by an incense burner
The fire at a ground floor flat in Worthing was caused by an incense burner

Crews were called to a fire at a Worthing flat caused by an incense burner.

Two fire engines from Worthing were sent to the fire at a ground floor flat in Centrecourt Road at 6pm.

Emergency services at the scene

Emergency services at the scene

A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire started in a ground floor bedroom.

She added: “When crews arrived, smoke was issuing from the ground floor doorway.

“An emergency smoke alarm was fitted in the flat. No one was hurt in the incident.”

READ MORE: Two Littlehampton GP surgeries could close in six months after ‘inadequate’ rating

Thousands pack Worthing park for magical Jack on the Green lights show

Harry Potter sport quidditch comes to Sussex thanks to ex-bodyguard to the stars