Bedroom fire in Shoreham

A MAN had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire in his bedroom.

The fire on the first-floor of a house in Seafields, Shoreham, yesterday lunchtime was out by the time Shoreham firefighters arrived.

Two fire engines attended at 12.35pm and the crew was at the scene for around 40 minutes, using a fan to help ventilate the room and isolating the electrics.

The man was taken to hospital by ambulance and the fire service confirmed the fire was accidental.