GCSE results 2020: Steyning Grammar pupils praised for ‘grit and resilience’
Steyning Grammar School’s pupils have been praised for their ‘grit and resilience’ after a difficult academic year.
School closures and exam cancellations meant pupils’ grades were given mainly based on their teachers’ predictions.
A spokesman for the school said: “In this difficult year, we are hugely proud of the grit and resilience demonstrated by all our Year 11 students; we couldn’t be prouder of the way in which they have flourished in these unprecedented times.
“Seeing our year 11 back in school, happy and full of optimism, reminds us of how much we have missed them.
“We celebrate the results achieved by all students and would like to mention the following students in particular for their outstanding results:
- Adam Lavender - 10 grade 9’s and one grade 8
- Rose Grayson - 11 grade 9’s and one grade 8
- James Durant - 11 grade 9’s and a Distinctions
- Samuel Richards - six grade 9’s, three grade 8’s and two grade 7’s
- Sophie Grayson - seven grade 9’s, two grade 8’s, two grade 7’s and a Distinction
- Matilda Wicks - six grade 9’s, three grade 8’s, two grade 7’s
“We wish all of our Year 11 students the best of luck in the future and, for those who are staying with us, we look forward to seeing you in September.”