I write in response to Mark Gretton’s letter (Letters, August 27) as I also noticed the planes leaving Shoreham on the Sunday after the airshow crash.
Contrary to his reaction I was moved to tears as they were obviously flying very sedately and respectfully in procession.
I suspect that they not only had work to go to on Monday but they would also have very much wanted to be with their families.
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.