Being well associated with the theatre and films – and congrats to Mike Mendoza on his “My Shoreham” – I have been thinking there should be a “Classic Film Season” of four to six weeks in Shoreham.
Ropetackle is out as they couldn’t give up their venue for this length of time.
Is there anywhere else that one could hold this and be interested at the same time?
I am not thinking of a film festival, but a “season” and to appeal to all ages.
The Fountainhead, Wages of Fear, Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Pandora’s Box, Kings Row, Orphee, Les Enfants du paradis, Queen Christiana, Heidi and so on.
I feel that Shoreham is now more than ready for this and indeed visually the venue well presented!
Is there such a venue?
• Want to share your views? Send your letters by email or post them to Letters, Shoreham Herald, Cannon House, Chatsworth Road, Worthing, BN11 1NA. Remember to include your full name and address.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.shorehamherald.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShorehamHerald
3) Follow us on Twitter @Shoreham_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends – so they don’t miss out!
The Shoreham Herald – always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.