Woman taken to hospital after flat fire

editorial image

A woman has been taken to hospital after a flat fire.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service was called to a house in Surrey Street, Worthing at just after 9am this morning. There were reports of a fire in a ground floor flat.

Fire crews arrived and put out the fire, which was in the ground floor flat’s kitchen, with a hose reel and two breathing apparatus. Fire damage was limited to the kitchen and the blaze was believed to be accidental, the fire service said.

A spokesman also confirmed that a female casualty had been taken to hospital by paramedics.

South East Coast Ambulance Service was contacted for more information.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.