Woman suffers smoke inhalation in kitchen fire

Firefighters in Little High Street this morning PICTURE: GIANT SHOREHAM

Firefighters in Little High Street this morning PICTURE: GIANT SHOREHAM

0
Have your say

FIREMEN have been tackling a kitchen fire in Shoreham.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue was called to Little High Street at 11.36am today.

The woman in the first-floor flat, above the Giant bike store, suffered mild smoke inhalation and was treated by an ambulance crew.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to tackle the fire, caused by cooking, and are currently ventilating the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

Giant Shoreham tweeted a picture and said: “Knew the deals on @GiantUK bikes @GiantShoreham were hot but now they’re smoking!”