THREE adults had to be lead to safety when fire broke out in a roof space last night.
Flats above Sussex Convenience Store in New Road were affected when fire broke out just before 7.30pm on Sunday.
The fire was contained in the roof space, which was five per cent damaged, and West Sussex Fire and Rescue recorded the cause as accidental.
A spokesman said: “It was a three-storey block with shops on the ground floor and flats above.
“Three adults were lead to safety out of the building.”
The aerial ladder platform was used, and three other crews attended, two from Shoreham and one from Hove.
Fire fighters returned to the scene just before midnight with a thermal imaging camera and found no further problems.