DCSIMG

House fire in Upper Beeding

FIRE tore through the loft of a house in Upper Beeding in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters believe the blaze at a property in Undermill Road may have been sparked by an electrical fault.

One man was treated in hospital for burns but no others were injured.

Firefighters from Steyning, Shoreham and Henfield were called out at 3.15, and tackled the blaze using hoses, extinguishers and thermal-imaging cameras.

The area had been made safe by just before 6am.

One firefighter reported that the roof of the house had been badly damaged by fire.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page