DCSIMG

Chimney fire in Southwick

A CHIMNEY fire in Southwick yesterday evening was dealt with by Hove firefighters.

The blaze began at a house in Southview Road at 7pm.

The fire service used chimney equipment to deal with the fire and gave advice to the occupier.

Jackie Boyle, community fire safety officer, said: “The best piece of advice we can give to anyone planning to light a fire is to make sure they get their chimney checked and swept each year.”

The Hove crew were at the property for 40 minutes.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page