Chimney fire in Southwick

0
Have your say

A CHIMNEY fire in Southwick yesterday evening was dealt with by Hove firefighters.

The blaze began at a house in Southview Road at 7pm.

The fire service used chimney equipment to deal with the fire and gave advice to the occupier.

Jackie Boyle, community fire safety officer, said: “The best piece of advice we can give to anyone planning to light a fire is to make sure they get their chimney checked and swept each year.”

The Hove crew were at the property for 40 minutes.